About two years ago I tried yoga for the first time. I didn't fall in love right away. It was actually pretty intimidating. I was working at a Starbucks that was inside a health club and employees could take any classes we wanted; for free. I went a few times with co-workers and found myself paying more attention to what everyone else was doing rather than what I was capable of. When I was living in Guernsey I started going to a class called 'body balance'. It was a mixture of yoga and pilates. It was a lot less intimidating because everyone was focused on themselves and the teacher reminded us often that yoga was all about 'you and your practice'. I started looking forward to my Saturday morning classes. Once I was back in Canada (and I got my old job back at Starbucks) I used the free yoga classes as often as I could.
In recent months I have forgotten about how great yoga is and how it can make you feel. Nothing beats the feeling of savasana.
No comments:
Post a Comment