Although I would rather be jumping in puddles than running in the rain I decided to be venture outdoors today. My formerly clean white runners are not impressed.I tried something new today. I didn't ask Harriet to join me. I recently read an article that suggested, to become a runner you need to think like a runner. It advised to stop concentrating on how many kilometers or how many minutes you've been jogging, and to just...run. The numbers, apparently, aren't important.
When I put in my headphones this afternoon I didn't turn on my step counter or my running buddy and I just ran (errrr jogged). While I was on the path of trying new things I opted to turn on a podcast instead of the usual song shuffle (http://www.howstuffworks.com/stuff-you-should-know-podcast.htm). Now I know all about 'how bail works' and I had a nice jog in the rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment